My Graduation Story


My Family: Keith Bailey, Dorcas Bailey, Kimroy Bailey and Lakeith Bailey
On November 3, 2012 I received my Bachelors in Engineering from the University of Technology, Jamaica. It was a blessed opportunity to grace the podium and collected my Degree with Honorary Mention for Co-curricular Involvement and International University Representation. I am not sure which felt better, whether it was collecting my first degree or hearing my mom, above the thunderous applause shouting "That's my Boy! That's my Boy! That's my Boy..." She kept saying that for the two and a half minutes I stood on stage while they read my major accomplishments during my studies. A few of these include:
1st place IEEE T-Shirt Competition in North Carolina, 2010;
3rd place IEEE Technical Paper Competition in Nashville Tennessee, 2011,
3rd place IEEE Open Robotics Competition, Florida 2012
2nd Place IEEE Global Humanitarian Competition, Seattle Washington, 2012
Kimroy Andre Bailey, member of UTech's 2012 Graduating Class
Personally, I don't think any of my achievements would have been possible without the best BEng Family who shared the concept that there's a degree for each one of us and didn't entertain the rat race. They emailed past papers, shared lab results, wake up each other in class, stayed up all night to teach concept they already knew but willing to share the knowledge with people like myself who didn't and above all they still manage to find the time to represent the faculty in sports and other co-curricular activities. Finally and most importantly to the Heavenly Father; You, Dear Lord is responsible for ordaining all this, its not my will by Thine be done. To those who consider me or my accomplishments and inspiration, remember 1st Timothy 4:12, "Do not let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith and your purity." Remember, If you're gonna pray then don't worry and and if you are going to worry then don't pray.

Here's to the nights that turned into mornings, to the friends that turned into family and to the UTech Graduating Class of 2012.


Comments