Jamaica Blog Awards 2013


On Saturday January 19 I had the grand opportunity of connecting with some great, passionate Jamaican Bloggers at the 3rd staging of the Jamaica Blog Awards. The event was held in the beautiful ambiance of South Beach Cafe in Kingston Jamaica. The atmosphere was warm and friendly as bloggers, readers, writers, tweeters, photographers and supporters networked, chit-chat and exchanged twitter handles. The organizers surprisingly upheld a lot of the philosophy shared on my blog with a Green Environment. They were minimal on paper by proving attendees with only an half page list of simply the Award Categories and honoring their sponsors. They promoted exercise by not having excessive chairs, they conserved on energy by going green with the excess lighting which intern accentuated the decorations at the venue. There was no need for Air Conditioning augmented by the fact that the event was held outdoor and God balanced the temperate evening with the cool mid-January wind.

Deanna Robins, Miss Jamaica World 2012 and Kimroy Bailey: Best Personal Blog, Top Blog Post, Blogger of the Year. Photographer: Adrian Creary
The following list of the Top Jamaican Blogs and Bloggers was extracted from Caribbean Journal, Article Entitled: Jamaica's Top Blogs

Best Music Blog – 13th Street Promotions

Best Technology Blog – Geezam

Best Beauty and Fashion Blog – Natalia oh!

Best Photography Art Blog – Cultural Voice

Best Company and Business Blog – Hummingbird Hall Wedding Blog

Best Lifestyle Blog – Maximize My Life

Best News and Current Affairs Blog – Veritas

Best Personal Blog – Kimroy Bailey

Best Entertainment Blog – 13th Street Promotions

Best Overseas Jamaican Blog – Chef and Steward

Top Blog Post for 2012 – 100% Renewable Jamaica (Kimroy Bailey)

Best Twitter Micro Blogger -Jomarie Malcolm

Best Tumblr Blog – Lace and Zippers

Best Writing on a Blog – Negril Stories

Best New Blog – Just Hitched Now What

Best Video Blog – The Duke Powell Show

Best Jamaican Focused Blog – Petchary’s Blog

#HASHCON2012 Contest Winner – She Rose by Lace and Zippers

Personal Achievement Awards for Excellence in Blogging in Jamaica – Kirk Brown from Jamaipanese

Kimroy Bailey, who writes an eponymous blog at www.kimroybailey.com, was named Jamaica’s Blogger of the Year.

Kimroy Bailey - Blogger of the Year, Photographer: Klieon John
This is TeamKB, where 'Team' comes before KB,
It has everything to do with 'us' and nothing to do with me.
KB:- Keep Believing

I would love to dedicate my Blogger of the Year award to #TeamKB and my entire Facebook Family. You guys voted, shared, tagged and promoted my links daily. Without your unwavering support I couldn't have dreamt of topping the voting charts. To the Heavenly Father, Dear God you orchestrated this and for that I am truly grateful, I know you have greater things in store, please keep inspiring my thoughts as I reach out to those who stumble across my website. To my readers, followers and friends, 2013 is going to be an epic year. I am currently doing some major upgrades on my website which will be launched in mid-February with the partnership of Creative Engine the company behind the Jamaica Blog Awards Website. I am seeking guest writers interested in working with me on some posts on Renewable Energy in Jamaica, if you are interested kindly contact me. The Kimroy Bailey Foundation is fitting itself together smoothly, I will be providing an update on that soon. 

Thanks again for your support through 2012!... And remember in all you do, never give up! Keep you head up! and KB:- Keep Believing, never ever stop dreaming! :)

KB




Comments